BUCHI is focused on multimodality and we also have active research interests in the following areas:
- Interaction Design
- Assistive Technologies
- Human Factors
- Digital Health
Our current projects include:
- FACETS: this project aims to develop a digital toolkit for MS fatigue management.
- TAPCHA: this research aims to develop a user friendly CAPTCHA scheme for mobile devices that is easy to respond whilst maintaining good security features through the use of mobile friendly interaction techniques (i.e., gesture controls). Please check our TAPCHA project page for more details.
- Smart EPS : this research aims to design a safe and effective self-adaptive EPS (Electronic Prescription Service) that will aid the reasoning and decision making processes influencing pharmaceutical intervention with an emphasis on anti-cancer therapy.
- Smart ADAS: this research aims to investigate how to design ADAS (Advanced Driver-Assistance System) that will improve driving safety while reducing unnecessary driver distraction.
- SmartAbility: this research will investigate which pervasive computing technologies can be integrated into a standard powered wheelchair (powerchair) to increase the quality of life for people with disabilities. Please check our project page for more details.